Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a refreshing rice side with a hint of orange using this simple Lemon Compound Butter using orange. This is a recipe for a standard Rice Cooker - please adjust the water if cooking in a pan the conventional way. Great with black beans, any Asian dishes, Orange flavored chicken, ribs, fish .....
- 2 cups rice, rinsed
- 2 cups water, to the rice cooker level
- 1 pinch powdered saffron (optional)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter (using Lemon Compound Butter)
- Place 2 cups of rice into your rice cooker - using the cup provided.
- Fill up with water to the 2 cup level in the rice cooker.
- Add the saffron, onion, salt, pepper & butter to the rice & water.
- Stir gently mixing it all together.
- Turn the rice cooker on to the Cook cycle.
- (This can be kept warm when the cooking cycle has finished for up to 2 hours.).
- When ready to serve, fluff and serve.
This was wonderful last night with an orange sauced ham steak. I used the saffron and made orange butter. I don't have a rice cooker but it worked perfectly being pan cooked. Very easy to make and the result will win you praise. Thanks Rita :D