Recipe by Rita~
This is a refreshing rice side with a hint of orange using this simple Lemon Compound Butter using orange. This is a recipe for a standard Rice Cooker - please adjust the water if cooking in a pan the conventional way. Great with black beans, any Asian dishes, Orange flavored chicken, ribs, fish .....
Top Review by Annacia
This was wonderful last night with an orange sauced ham steak. I used the saffron and made orange butter. I don't have a rice cooker but it worked perfectly being pan cooked. Very easy to make and the result will win you praise. Thanks Rita :D
- 2 cups rice, rinsed
- 2 cups water, to the rice cooker level
- 1 pinch powdered saffron (optional)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter (using Lemon Compound Butter)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 2 cups of rice into your rice cooker - using the cup provided.
- Fill up with water to the 2 cup level in the rice cooker.
- Add the saffron, onion, salt, pepper & butter to the rice & water.
- Stir gently mixing it all together.
- Turn the rice cooker on to the Cook cycle.
- (This can be kept warm when the cooking cycle has finished for up to 2 hours.).
- When ready to serve, fluff and serve.