Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 hrs
The original of this recipe was found in a recent American Profile magazine.
Make and share this Orange Rice Pudding With Golden Raisins (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup medium grain rice, uncooked
- 2⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a crock pot combine milk, sugar & rice, then cover & cook, stirring occasionally, on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours until creamy.
- Spoon into a serving bowl & after stirring in the raisins & zest, let it set ~ Pudding will thicken as it cools.
- Before serving, dust lightly with nutmeg.
I have made this recipe several times and usually substitute fat-free or 1% milk. I also have made it without raisins and adding vanilla and a cinnamon stick instead of the orange zest. Excellent and easy every time!
made this for a friends pot luck lunch at work. was extremely easy to make and work wonderfully. I didn't get any leftovers come back home so it looks like everyone enjoyed it.
This is the easiest way to make rice pudding and, Wow, so tasty. The only thing I did different was I added 1 tsp orange extract and omitted the orange zest. I thought it would have been runny because of all the liquid in this recipe, but it was not runny at all. I will make this one again and again. Thanks for sharing Syd.