Recipe by Sydney Mike
The original of this recipe was found in a recent American Profile magazine.
Top Review by maryemerald
I have made this recipe several times and usually substitute fat-free or 1% milk. I also have made it without raisins and adding vanilla and a cinnamon stick instead of the orange zest. Excellent and easy every time!
- 4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup medium grain rice, uncooked
- 2⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a crock pot combine milk, sugar & rice, then cover & cook, stirring occasionally, on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours until creamy.
- Spoon into a serving bowl & after stirring in the raisins & zest, let it set ~ Pudding will thicken as it cools.
- Before serving, dust lightly with nutmeg.