Recipe by dicentra
This comes from 1000 Great Recipes. Posting for ZWT3. “In Spain, Greece, Italy and Morocco rice puddings are a favorite dish, especially when sweetened with honey.”
Top Review by Elmotoo
YUMMY! I think the proportions are off or maybe it's a personal preference - by the time the milk was absorbed, the rice was mush. Delicious mush, though, and we ate it all. Excellent flavor & sweetening with honey is different & not so sweet - it's very nice! Made for the Recipe of the Week in the NA*ME Forum.
LOL. Made this again for Spain/Portugal's February Honey Tag! I still think the rice is too soft but it IS delicious! Easy to make, too. Just takes time. :) Have I ever mentioned how much I love rice pudding??? xoxo
- 1⁄4 cup short-grain rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey (to taste)
- 1⁄2 small orange, zest of
- 2⁄3 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the rice with the milk, honey and orange rind in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer very gently for 1 ¼ hours, stirring regularly.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking and stirring for 15-20 minutes until the rice is creamy.
- Pour in the cream and simmer for 5-8 minutes longer.
- Serve the rice sprinkled with chopped pistachios.