Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very yummy, easy and fast. This rice is great with barbequed chicken, or pork chops, or just about anything. Very mildly orange, and fluffy! Even my husband likes it! Adapted from Southern Living 1981. Prep time includes grating rind and squeezing juice.
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- Combine water, 1/2 cup juice, orange rind and salt in a saucpan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add rice.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Drizzle 2 teaspoons juice over rice, stir well before serving.
Good rice, had it with curry. Nice flavors.
This was great rice, made it exactly as written. Served it with a balsamic chicken dish and it worked so well. Next time, I think I'll saute some shallots or onions in butter and toss them in during the last few minutes of simmering. Thank you for posting this recipe, I'll be having this often.