such a wonderful springtime treat, and part of my favorite breakfast when served on top of greek yogurt. Also would be amazing on pancakes. It is also wonderful on toast, or for dessert with vanilla ice cream... or just whipped cream!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1trim the rhubarb of it's ends and split each stalk down the middle. Chop the rhubarb into 1 centimeter chunks.
- 2In a large bowl, toss the rhubarb with the sugar, orange liquor, and orange zest.
- 3In a medium-heavy bottomed pan over medium heat, melt your butter. when the butter melts, add the sugar coated rhubarb. cook over medium heat, undisturbed, for 2 minutes. when rhubarb has started to release juices, gently stir.
- 4continue cooking over medium heat until all the juices release from the rhubarb, and it begins to slightly thicken, or about 15 minutes. The compote will be thick, and the rhubarb slightly tender.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Rhubarb Compote
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.8
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 11.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: