Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this recipe from King Arthur's Baking Sheet, winter 2008. Contributed by Julia Greer. Low in fat and healthy, these treats are pretty tasty! You will need a muffin top tin to make these...after all the muffin top of a muffin is the best part after all! The muffin asks for Fiori de Sicilia (which is an extract) but if you do not have that you can use 1/2 tsp vanilla and a tablespoon of orange zest.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour or 1⁄4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat or 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons melted and cooled butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Fiori di Sicilia extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 3⁄4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the flours, bran, baking powder, soda and salt in a small bowl.
- In a larger bowl combine the egg, yogurt, butter Fiori di Sicilia, orange juice and sugar.
- Mix the wet ingredients together until barely moistened. Stir in the frozen raspberries. Scoop the batter by a heaping 1/4 cup into an ungreased muffin top pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until light golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on rack for about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan; let cool completely before glazing.
- The Glaze:.
- Combine all the ingredients until smooth: drizzle over muffin tops.