1/2 Photos of Orange-Raspberry Muffin Tops
Got this recipe from King Arthur's Baking Sheet, winter 2008. Contributed by Julia Greer. Low in fat and healthy, these treats are pretty tasty! You will need a muffin top tin to make these...after all the muffin top of a muffin is the best part after all! The muffin asks for Fiori de Sicilia (which is an extract) but if you do not have that you can use 1/2 tsp vanilla and a tablespoon of orange zest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour or 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat or 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons melted and cooled butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Fiori di Sicilia extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine the flours, bran, baking powder, soda and salt in a small bowl.
- 3In a larger bowl combine the egg, yogurt, butter Fiori di Sicilia, orange juice and sugar.
- 4Mix the wet ingredients together until barely moistened. Stir in the frozen raspberries. Scoop the batter by a heaping 1/4 cup into an ungreased muffin top pan.
- 5Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until light golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on rack for about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan; let cool completely before glazing.
- 6The Glaze:.
- 7Combine all the ingredients until smooth: drizzle over muffin tops.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Raspberry Muffin Tops
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.8
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.6 mg
- Sodium 236.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 32.6 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Fiori di Sicilia extract