Got this recipe from King Arthur's Baking Sheet, winter 2008. Contributed by Julia Greer. Low in fat and healthy, these treats are pretty tasty! You will need a muffin top tin to make these...after all the muffin top of a muffin is the best part after all! The muffin asks for Fiori de Sicilia (which is an extract) but if you do not have that you can use 1/2 tsp vanilla and a tablespoon of orange zest.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour or 1⁄4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat or 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons melted and cooled butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Fiori di Sicilia extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 3⁄4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the flours, bran, baking powder, soda and salt in a small bowl.
- In a larger bowl combine the egg, yogurt, butter Fiori di Sicilia, orange juice and sugar.
- Mix the wet ingredients together until barely moistened. Stir in the frozen raspberries. Scoop the batter by a heaping 1/4 cup into an ungreased muffin top pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until light golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on rack for about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan; let cool completely before glazing.
- The Glaze:.
- Combine all the ingredients until smooth: drizzle over muffin tops.