Recipe by enestvmel
I haven't made this yet, but I am going to be making it next week. I can't remember where I found this recipe, somewhere online. If you have any suggestions, feel free to post about them. The cooking time is kind of deceiving, a majority of it is freeze time.
- 2 (13 ounce) packages coconut macaroons (we used Archway)
- 1 1⁄2 pints raspberry sherbet
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- 3 pints Orange sherbet
- pretty iced cookie (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 13 x 9 x 2-in. pan with foil, letting foil extend about 2 inches above pan at both ends. Lightly coat with nonstick spray.
- Line bottom of the pan with macaroons; press to flatten and form a layer. Freeze 20 minutes, or until firm. Meanwhile, refrigerate raspberry sherbet and 1 pt vanilla ice cream to soften slightly.
- Drop spoonfuls of softened sherbet and ice cream into crust, alternating flavors and packing them down as you go. Freeze 2 hours, or until firm.
- Repeat with orange sherbet and remaining vanilla ice cream. Freeze 30 minutes to set, then swirl surface decoratively. Freeze 6 hours, or until hard, and serve, or wrap airtight and freeze up to 2 weeks.
- To serve: Lift foil by ends onto cutting board; remove foil. Cut in 9 bars; cut bars in half diagonally to make wedges. Garnish with iced cookies.
- Planning Tip: The cake can be made through Step 4 up to 2 weeks ahead.