Recipe by LARavenscroft
Chicken in a slightly sweet sauce with a kick.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I'll admit that I took a few liberties with this recipe, but they were small ones! I made a double amount of the sauce, & I used a bit less of the cayenne pepper. The chicken breasts were large, & I cut them into thirds so there was more surface for the sauce to cover! Very, very nice main course, & we much enjoyed the fruity flavor combo! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars tag]
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 blood oranges (about 1/2 cup juice)
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add oil and heat until it ripples.
- Brown chicken on both sides until lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from skillet to a plate and keep warm.
- Add shallots and garlic and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Blend remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour into skillet and mix with shallots and garlic.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, basting chicken occasionally with sauce.
- Remove lid, increase heat to medium and simmer an additional 5-10 minutes until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened.