Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a community cookbook. Nice with poultry and pork dishes.
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 2 bouillon cubes, chicken flavor
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 2 teaspoons orange rind
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, slivered
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water, cold
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine above ingredients in a heavy saucepan.
- Turn the heat to high.
- When mixture thickens, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir once with fork and cover tightly.
- Simmer 12-14 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
Used brown rice rice, orange juice and chicken broth...threw it all into the rice cooker. It was great. WIll be making this again. Thanks for posting!
very good and easy! I used OJ concentrate because I didn't have an orange on hand. Served with Carribean Chicken, yum. To make ahead: use dried orange peel and place dry ingredients in ziploc. Add water & margarine when ready to cook.
This is a delicious rice. I've made it using Maggi vegetable boullion cubes and it's great in taste! A keeper for sure :)