Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe makes two loaves, or make one loaf and and a dozen muffins.
- 2 cups raisins
- 3 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 oranges, juice and zest of, grated
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- Plump raisins by pouring boiling water to cover; let stand 10 minutes.
- Drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, rolled oats and raisins.
- Beat oil, eggs, orange juice, rind and milk.
- Pour over dry ingredients.
- Stir just until moistened.
- You may need a little more orange juice or milk.
- Spoon batter into 2 greased loaf pans, spreading evenly to all corners.
- Bake 350°F for 50-60 minutes or until done when tested with toothpick stuck in centre.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes before removing from pans.
YUM! everyone really liked this. it's a bit crumbly though, we had a hard time cutting it.
Tried this the other day. It was pretty tasty. Halved the recipe to only make one loaf. Will definitely try it again. Thanks