Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well.
- Stir in corn, raisins, pecans, and orange rind.
- Combine milk and next 5 ingredients and stir well.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Divide batter evenly among 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400º for 18 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center.
- Remove muffins from pan immediately; let cool on a wire rack.