1/1 Photo of Orange Pumpkin Scone Cookie Cut-Outs
1 hr 30 mins
I came up with this recipe because I love scones and wanted to incorporate their texture and delicate taste into a cookie. So far, I have baked these 3 times and each attempt was successful. If you like scones and tea, this is a nice change. Because of the pumpkin in the recipe, I used Halloween cookie cutters, but any shape will do. Twice I used "fresh" frozen pumkin, thawed, but canned also worked well. The yield I give is using a 2 to 21/2 inch cutter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2In mixer bowl on medium speed, blend butter, brown sugar and orange rind until well mixed. Add egg, pumpkin and vanilla and mix some more until nicely incorporated.
- 3In separate bowl, sift together flour and spices. Add to mixer bowl and mix until a very loose dough forms. Turn dough onto a sheet of plastic wrap, form a ball, covered with wrap. Chill 1 hour.
- 4On surface lightly dusted with confectioner's sugar, roll dough out about 1/4" thick. Use cutters to shape cookies. Place on ungreased baking sheets and bake 10-12 minutes, until golden brown on bottoms (like a scone).
- 5Cool cookies on rack. While still warm I spread a scone glaze on top: mix confectioners sugar, a little orange juice, cinnamon, and vanilla extract until a thin glaze forms. Spread over warm cookies. I also add raisins as decorations, adhered to the glaze, at this point.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Pumpkin Scone Cookie Cut-Outs
Serving Size: 1 (719 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.2
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 45.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 1.7 g