Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Jan. 25, 1959 edition of Parade Magazine.
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup undiluted frozen concentrated orange juice
- 9 inches unbaked pastry shells
- 3⁄4 cup pecans
- Combine beaten eggs, sugar, spices, salt, pumpking and molasses.
- Add evaporated milk and thawed orange juice; stir until smooth.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Sprinkle with broken pecan meats, or make a border of whole pecan meats.
- Bake in a hot oven (450 degrees) 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to moderate (350 degrees), bake 40 minutes longer.
- Cool; garnish with whipped cream or whipped evaporated milk.