Prep 10 mins
Cook 23 mins
A lovely Fall/Winter treat.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Mix flour and spices in small bowl.
- In large bolw,mix sugars,eggs and oil.
- Add pumpkin, orange juice and zest,beat until well blended.
- Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle each muffin with 1 tsp nuts.
- Bake 20-23 minutes at 350 degrees.
Used fresh pumpkin for these delicious muffins. Orange was refreshing but not so strong as to over power other flavours. Good balance of flavours.
This is the second time I will be making these wonderful muffins. I use applesauce instead of the vegetable oil, and increase the spices. I love them!
These were very moist, perhaps a bit too moist. Good flavor, but I did not really taste the orange.