Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another tasty bread using pumpkin!
Make and share this Orange Pumpkin Bread I recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 medium orange
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 3 1⁄3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 2⁄3 cup chopped dates (, or raisins)
- Preheat oven to 350- grease two 9x5 loaf pans.
- Cut whole orange into wedges& remove seeds& membranes; place in blender with water& puree.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream shortening& sugar thoroughly.
- Add orange puree to creamed mixture, then eggs& pumpkin, and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture, stir in pecans and dates (or raisins).
- Pour batter evenly into prepared loaf pans, and bake 1 hour or until tests done.
- Remove from pans& place on wire rack to cool completely.