- 158.51 ml shortening
- 631.69 ml sugar
- 4 eggs
- 787.84 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground cloves
- 453.59 g can pumpkin
- 158.51 ml water
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 158.51 ml raisins
- 9.85 ml grated orange rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening; gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Add water and orange juice, mixing well.
- Stir in raisins and orange rind.
- Spoon batter into two greased and floured 9x5x3-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on wire racks.