- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening; gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Add water and orange juice, mixing well.
- Stir in raisins and orange rind.
- Spoon batter into two greased and floured 9x5x3-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on wire racks.