Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
365 Easy Low Calorie Recipes - ”This delicate pudding separates into two layers as it bakes – a delicate custard layer, topped with a spongelike cake layer.”
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored. Add to butter. Beat in orange juice and zest.
- Fold in flour and stir in milk.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into orange mixture.
- Pour into a greased 1 quart heavy baking dish.
- Bake 35 minutes. Let cool.
- Refrigerate until chilled before serving.