Luby Luby Luby's Note:
Pralines with just a subtle hint of orange -a different twist to a timeless classic. I lay a piece of waxed paper on top of a kitchen towel on my table and drop the pralines by the spoonful on top of the waxed paper. I find it's easier to pick them up this way and less likely to break.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spread pecans on baking sheet and lightly toast for about 7-10 minutes.
- 3Remove from oven and set aside.
- 4In large saucepan combine sugar, half and half, salt, butter and corn syrup.
- 5Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture reaches 235 degrees on candy thermometer.
- 6Add orange juice and zest and cook until it again reaches 235 degrees.
- 7Remove from heat, add vanilla and stir for 1 minute.
- 8Add pecans and stir briefly.
- 9Working rather quickly drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.
- 10Store in covered container.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Pralines
Serving Size: 1 (1093 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.8
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.8 mg
- Sodium 42.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 1.1 g