Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Pralines with just a subtle hint of orange -a different twist to a timeless classic. I lay a piece of waxed paper on top of a kitchen towel on my table and drop the pralines by the spoonful on top of the waxed paper. I find it's easier to pick them up this way and less likely to break.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread pecans on baking sheet and lightly toast for about 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- In large saucepan combine sugar, half and half, salt, butter and corn syrup.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture reaches 235 degrees on candy thermometer.
- Add orange juice and zest and cook until it again reaches 235 degrees.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla and stir for 1 minute.
- Add pecans and stir briefly.
- Working rather quickly drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.
- Store in covered container.