Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A crusty brown sugar glaze adds just a touch of New Orleans to these orange-scented mini loaves.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine all remaining bread ingredients except pecans in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Reduce speed to low. Beat, gradually adding flour mixture, just until moistened. Stir in 1 cup pecans by hand.
- Spoon batter evenly into 4 greased (5 1/2x3-inch) mini loaf pans. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar and 1/3 cup butter in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil (3 to 4 minutes). Spoon glaze mixture over warm loaves. Immediately sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans.
- TIP: Substitute 1 greased (9x5-inch) loaf pan. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes.
- TIP: Serve bread with maple-flavored butter. Combine 1/3 cup softened butter, 1/4 cup orange marmalade and 1 tablespoon maple syrup in small bowl; mix well.