Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a wonderful pound cake with a hint of orange twist. It is my favorite pound cake recipe. My grandmother baked for me all the time when I was growing up. Besides sentimental purposes, this is great tasting
- 1 package Duncan Hines lemon supreme cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- Blend all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Bake in a tube pan at 350 for 40-45 minutes until center springs back when touched lightly. Cool right side up for 25 minutes. Then remove from pan
We have made this for years as well. We make a glaze that consists of: powdered sugar and orange juice mixed to desired consistancy and drizzled over cake. Yummy!
Orange is never mentioned in the recipe at all. What's up?
Instead of one cup of water I used orage juice. What a wonderful recipe, thanks for sharing