Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix (4 servings)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup stick butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl and mix for 5 minutes. Pour into ungreased tube pan and bake at 375 degrees F for about 45 minutes.
- While cake is baking, combine topping ingredients in saucepan, bring to boil for about 1 minute and set aside until cake is done.
- When cake is baked, remove from oven and with knife, loosen cake from around the outside edge of the cake pan and around the center tube pan part. Pour the orange juice mixture over cake and allow the cake to cool completely before removing from pan.
- Combine powdered sugar and orange juice and pour over cake.
I made this in two bread pans because I don't have a tube pan. Next time I'll skip the "topping"--the flavor was too strong and it made the cake kind of mushy. Other than that, excellent, quick recipe.