Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Got this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens. This recipe makes a very moist cake bursting with orange flavor. I make this in a bundt pan, It is good with or without the drizzle.
- 1 3⁄4 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup fresh orange juice (from 3 oranges)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour 10 inch tube pan or bundt. tap out excess flour.
- Beat butter in bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in sugar until fluffy, scraping down the bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time. Beat in extract and rind.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Gradually beat into butter mixture on medium speed., alternating with the orange juice. Beat two minutes, scraping down bowl occasionally, until thick and creamy.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes. Lower heat to 300 degrees and bake for an additional 45 to 50 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes, turn cake out to rack and cool completely.
- To make drizzle:.
- Combine 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar and 1 tablespoon orange juice plus 1 teaspoon water. Whisk until smooth, drizzle over cooled cake. Let dry before slicing.