1/4 Photos of Orange Pound Cake
1 hr 20 mins
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
A lovely citrusy poundcake from Moosewood New Classics.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure orange extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F; butter and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- 2With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar.
- 3Beat in the orange extract and the eggs.
- 4Add 2 cups of the flour and beat well.
- 5Add the orange juice and beat.
- 6In a separate bowl, or measuring cup, stir the baking powder into the remaining 2 cups flour.
- 7Add to the batter and beat well.
- 8Spoon the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake until the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 60 to 75 minutes.
- 9Cool the cake in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes.
- 10Invert onto a serving plate, leaving the pan on top so the cake holds its shape.
- 11Cool for another 10-20 minutes.
- 12Meanwhile, prepare the glaze.
- 13Sstir the orange extract and the orange juice into the sugar with a fork, adding the orange juice a tablespoon at a time. Use just enough to produce a thick, smooth mixture.
- 14Spread the glaze over the cake with a pastry brush while the cake is still warm or drizzle it on in a lacy pattern.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.7
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 130.7 mg
- Sodium 76.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 49.5 g
- Protein 5.8 g