Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
From Gooseberry Patch Mom's Favorite Recipes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice, plus
- 5 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 tablespoons orange zest, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter; gradually add sugar, mixing until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with the milk and 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons orange juice, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Mix until just blended.
- Stir in extracts and 2 tablespoon orange zest.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch Bundt pan; bake in a 325° oven for 1 hour, 25 minutes or until tests done.
- In a bowl, combine powdered sugar, remaining orange zest, and enough of the remaining orange juice to make a desired consistency to pour over cooled cake.