Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe searching through an old cookbook that my Grandmother bought me years ago while she was visiting Australia. Serve over buttered noodles.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 30 g butter
- 750 g pork fillets, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 250 g small mushrooms, halved
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Heat oil and butter in pan, add pork, cook, stirring until tender.
- Remove pork from pan, add onion, cook, stirring until soft then stir in mushrooms and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir inblended cornflour and orange juice, rosemary and rind. Stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- Add pork, stir.
- Stir in cream and cook until heated through.
Made the recipe as listed, I don't think I made any changes. It was great!!
The rosemary and the orange lent a wonderful flavor to this creamy dish! Our 5 year old even ate the mushrooms!! I used left over pork from some chops the night before so I sorta finagled the recipe and adjusted it for pork that had already been cooked. It worked out well. Thank you jewleies!
this was a great burst of good flavors all coming together. Enjoyed it very much and will be making again.