Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tasty stir fry with orange juice and grated carrots. The broccoli is seasoned with lime zest and butter, which gives it a fresh flavor. The orange sauce can be thickened by adding a teaspoon of cornstarch dissolved in a little water. This dish is ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 lb pork loin, cut into strips
- 3 -4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
For the broccoli
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 teaspoons butter
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the pork strips in a single layer and brown on one side and flip over. Cook 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add the broccoli florets and cook until crisp-tender. Drain; add the lime zest, butter and salt and toss to combine. Keep warm .
- To pork in skillet, add the green onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the grated carrots and season with the soy sauce and salt if desired. Cook 5 minutes. Add the orange juice and cook for a few minutes to blend the flavors. Serve with steamed rice.
Very quick and easy pork stir fry. I added some orange zest to the dish to give it a little more orange flavor. I also added a little Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy to give it a little kick. The broccoli had a great fresh taste with just a hint of lime. Great for when you need to get dinner on the table fast. Made for January, 2009 Bevy Tag.