Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Pork roast for the crockpot with a fruity, herbal sauce with a hint of ginger. Posted by request.
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) pork sirloin roast
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- Trim fat from pork roast.
- Mix together garlic, ginger, thyme, marjoram, and pepper.
- Rub meat with spices.
- Brown roast in skillet in oil on all sides.
- Place roast in crockpot.
- Mix together chicken broth, brown sugar, lemon juice, soy sauce, and orange zest.
- Pour juice over roast in crockpot.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Remove roast from crockpot and skim fat from sauce.
- Measure sauce and add water (if necessary) to make 2 cups.
- Stir together cornstarch and orange juice.
- Add sauce and orange juice/cornstarch to a saucepan and stir and cook until thickened, several minutes.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve sauce with roast.
The whole family loved this one. I followed the recipe but substituted the orange jiuce (I had none) with what was on hand, white grape peach. My husband, who is very picky, finished the whole thing off!
Loved it... Easy recipe that came out very well. I would put in a little less orange peel next time. The sauce has plenty of orange flavor. I feel a little contrast between an "herbier" tasting roast and "orangier" tasting sauce might be nice.
Tasty and tender! Enjoyed by the whole family!