Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A flavourful dinner for 2 or a really hearty dinner for one. Great taste!!
- 2 pork chops, trimmed
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet potatoes or 1 yam, peeled
- 1 orange, cut in half, one half in slices the other half left whole
- 0.25 ml cinnamon
- cayenne pepper
- Brown chops in hot oil.
- squeeze juice of 1/2 orange over pork chops,deglaze the pan while browning chops.
- Cut sweet potatoe into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place meat, juice and sweet potatoe slices in a baking dish, sprinkle with cinnamon, salt and cayenne pepper, Cover all with orange slices.
- Bake covered in 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
awsome,looking for something different for the long cold winter.loved it,and very easy to make,i added a little honey too.kmberley in michigan..
Delicious! I used a pork steak and cut the baking time accordingly, very tasty loved the flavours.
I made up this recipe last night - it was delicious. My husband and I are not great pork chop eaters but we had been given some plus some sweet potatoes so after looking for a recipe I settled on this one. The flavour of the orange with the pepper and cinnamon was very interesting, something I would not have imagined to use if I was making this up by myself, and the chops just fell off the bones. Yummy! I will add a little more orange juice next time. We will certainly have this again - next time we have pork chops!