Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
One of our favourite pork chop recipes. Sweet and orange-y. We like to serve this with rice.
- 4 pork chops (I prefer boneless center loin chops)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium orange
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 whole cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In greased skillet, over high heat, cook pork chops until well browned on both sides.
- Add next 3 ingredients and 1 tsp salt; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; cover; simmer about 35 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, prepare orange sauce: grate 1 T.
- peel from stem end of orange; then from other end, cut 4 thin slices; set aside.
- In saucepan over medium-high heat, cook orange peel, orange juice, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, cloves and salt until thickened, stirring.
- Add orange slices; cover; remove from heat and keep warm.
- To serve, top pork chops with orange sauce.
- Use orange slices as a garnish.
I was leery of this recipe, but took a chance because I wanted something different. This was a definite pleaser with me and my husband, but my daughter didn't care for it (big surprise). We will be making this again! Already gave you props on FB! lol
My family loved this recipe. Although we left out the cloves and next time i would cut the cinnamon in half. Also would be good with chicken.
I didn't know how this would come out just looking at the recipe but it was deeelicious! The orange flavor came through wonderfully. Will definitely make again. Thanks foxysnana.