Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 4 pork loin or 4 rib chops, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 0.5 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (8 ounce) can sweet potatoes in syrup, drained
- 1 small orange, sliced
- In 10-inch skillet, brown chops over medium heat.
- Drain off fat.
- Sprinkle salt on chops.
- Arrange onion slices on chops.
- Mix orange juice concentrate, sugar, allspice, lemon juice and water; pour into skillet.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes. Place sweet potatoes and orange slices on chops.
- Cover and cook until potatoes are hot, about 10 minutes.
I didn't have any sweet potatoes on hand, so made it without them, and the pork chops were so juicy and tender! I will definitely make this recipe again, and use the sweet potatoes next time, too!