1/1 Photo of Orange Pork Carnitas
chocoholic in AZ's Note:
This is a good basic recipe for pork Carnitas in the crock pot. A good throw it in the crock pot and forget about it recipe. This recipe is without any "heat" so my 2 year old can enjoy it too. If you want the spicier version just add some of your favorite hot peppers diced up to the mix in the crock pot. I serve this on toasted corn tortillas shells with home-made guacamole, cilantro, diced green onion, cheddar cheese and green salsa Verde.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 1/2 of the oranges wheels, onion, and garlic on the bottom of your crock pot.
- 2Then add all of your boneless pork shoulder to the crock pot.
- 3Sprinkle pork with fresh cracked pepper, Jane's Krazy Mixed-Up salt and the rest of your garlic.
- 4Add the rest of your oranges and onion, to the top of the pork.
- 5Cover crock pot and cook on high for 1 hour then turn crock pot to low and cook for about 5 to 6 hours or until the pork is falling apart. (Turn the crock pot back up to high the last hour of cooking.)
- 6Remove any pieces of orange peel you can find and discard.
- 7Useing 2 forks pull apart pork untill you get a shredded look.
- 8Serve over toasted corn tortillas with your favorite accouterments such as -- fresh made guacamole, cilantro, green onion, and green salsa Verde.
- 9Enjoy :).
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Pork Carnitas
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1099.6
- Calories from Fat 643
- Total Fat 71.5 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 241.7 mg
- Sodium 275.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 62.9 g