Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Real Simple. Chicken can be used instead of pork.
Make and share this Orange Pork and Broccoli Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 pork tenderloin, cut into bite-size pieces (1 1/2 to 2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 orange, juice and zest of, grated
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1⁄2 bunch broccoli, cut into small pieces, stalks peeled and thinly sliced (1/2 pound)
- In a bowl, toss the meat or fish with the sherry, red pepper, and 2 teaspoons of the cornstarch.
- In a measuring cup, combine the orange juice, chicken broth, soy sauce, sugar, and the remaining cornstarch.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the orange zest and let it sizzle for 1 minute.
- Add the onion and the meat or fish and cook, stirring, until cooked through, 2 to 5 minutes.
- Add the orange-juice mixture and broccoli. Simmer 5 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.