Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Real Simple. Chicken can be used instead of pork.
Make and share this Orange Pork and Broccoli Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 pork tenderloin, cut into bite-size pieces (1 1/2 to 2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 orange, juice and zest of, grated
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1⁄2 bunch broccoli, cut into small pieces, stalks peeled and thinly sliced (1/2 pound)
- In a bowl, toss the meat or fish with the sherry, red pepper, and 2 teaspoons of the cornstarch.
- In a measuring cup, combine the orange juice, chicken broth, soy sauce, sugar, and the remaining cornstarch.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the orange zest and let it sizzle for 1 minute.
- Add the onion and the meat or fish and cook, stirring, until cooked through, 2 to 5 minutes.
- Add the orange-juice mixture and broccoli. Simmer 5 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.