Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
Another recipe from a Dollar store cookbook. This is quick to fix and really flavorful.
Make and share this Orange Pork and Asparagus Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 navel oranges
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) pork tenderloin (trimmed and thinly sliced on the diagonal)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs thin asparagus, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Grate 1 tsp peel from one orange and squeeze 1/4 cup juice.
- Cut peel and pith from other orange and cut it into 1/4 inch slices cutting each slice into quarters.
- In non stick skillet, heat 1/2 tsp olive oil over med heat til hot but not smoking.
- Add half the pork and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Cook 2 minutes or until pork loses pink color, stirring frequently.
- Transfer to plate.
- To same skillet add asparagus, garlic, orange peel, remaining 1/4 tsp salt and water.
- Cover and cook about 2 minutes until tender crisp.
- Return pork to skillet.
- Add orange juice and orange pieces.
- Heat through stirring often.
Absolutely delicious. I was very skeptical about the lack of a lot of seasonings and stuff, but I'm SO glad I didn't add anything. The recipe was perfet as written. The taste was light and delicate, as well as satisfying and flavorful. Thanks!
This was great; fast, extremely easy and very good.
I'm the non-cook in the family and this was a winner for me as well. It's easy to prepare, is very tasty, and my husband (who likes asparagus mushy out of a can) said he would be in favor of me making this again.