Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
We love these orange pops year round!
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 1 (1/8 ounce) envelope unsweetened orange drink mix (I use Kool-Aid)
- 1 cup sugar (I use Splenda)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- In a bowl, dissolve the gelatin, soft drink mix and sugar in boiling water.
- Stir in cold water.
- Pour into molds or paper cups and insert Popsicle sticks.
- Freeze until firm.
This recipe made it into our Book #231450. 6/16/08 - These popsicle treats are very economical and oh-so-simple to make. I got 12 pops using 3 oz plastic cups and used mini popsicle sticks for the handles. They are so cute! I also used double the amount of Kool-Aid for more oranginess. The Jell-O in these pops make them so much more than just frozen flavored ice. Next time I will add less sugar though, and wait until half frozen to insert the sticks as some tried to float and wound up slanted. I also may try adding some chopped frozen strawberries, cubed cantelope or some alcohol for an adult version. Yummy! :)