From Shape magazine.
Make and share this Orange Poppy Seed Muffins (Light) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest (from one medium orange)
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a 12-inch muffin baking tin with paper cupcake liners (or spray lightly with cooking spray).
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together both flours, baking powder, and poppy seeds.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, yogurt, oil, orange zest, and orange-juice concentrate.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the wet ingredients into the dry, just enough to combine. The batter will be very thick.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups with a tablespoon, filling each about two-thirds. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out dry.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- If using glaze, blend confectioners’ sugar with the orange-juice concentrate. Drizzle over muffins and serve.