Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2⁄3 cup safflower oil or 2⁄3 cup corn oil
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients in a screw-top jar.
- Shake vigorously.
- Chill until serving.
- This dressing complements any green salad, but the addition of some small chunks of cantelope, honeydew, or star fruit to your greens will enhance the orange-honey flavor of the dressing.
Tastes good, quick to make and perfect for a basic tossed salad. Subbed agave nectar for the honey. Be sure to shake well before serving. Thanks, Dancer^.
I made this dressing to go with my yummy salad of fresh greens, strawberries, walnuts, goat cheese, vadalia onions and tiny grape tomatoes. It was excellent! It really complimented my shrimp dish too. Thanks Dancer!
Another good one Dancer^. I like the idea of using citrus juice in lieu of vinegar occasionally. Great on a green salad.