Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this recipe in a sanatarium recipe book and had it made for my daughters first birthday. Although in the end the cook lost my recipe book and decided to just make carrot cake instead wich was horrid compared to this. Luckily I had jotted down the recipe on some paper. This could also be made as cupcakes.
- 3 eggs
- 4.92 ml orange, Rind
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml carrots, grated
- 100 g almond meal
- 4.92 ml poppy seed
- 59.14 ml wholemeal plain flour
- 1 wholemeal self-rising flour
- 250 g cream cheese
- 4.92 ml margarine
- 4.92 ml orange rind
- 118.29 ml icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a bowl.
- Sift in flour and mix to combine.
- Add orange rind, carrot, almond meal and poppy seeds and stir together.
- Spoon mixtue into a cake tin lined with baking paper.
- Cook for 20 minutes or untill golden and cooked through the center. Check with a metal skwerer or knive.
- For frosting mix all ingrediants in a bowl until no lumps and spread with a knive over the top of cake after it has had time to cool.