1/1 Photo of Orange Poppy Seed Cake
Pink Princess's Note:
This is from the side of a packet of sugar - need to throw it out, so I'm posting it for safe keeping. When I do make it, if I have some spare calories in my diet, I'll be making a lemon cream cheese frosting with poppy seeds in it instead of just dusting with icing sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 170*C.
- 2Grease and line 22 cm round cake pan.
- 3Cream butter, sugar and orange zest until pale.
- 4Add eggs one at a time, mixing well.
- 5Sift flour and baking powder and add to butter mixture, mix to combine.
- 6Fold in poppy seeds and milk.
- 7Spread into prepared baking pan.
- 8Bake 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- 9Cool 5 minutes before turning out.
- 10Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Poppy Seed Cake
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 647.4
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 230.7 mg
- Sodium 471.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 34.7 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of