This is from the side of a packet of sugar - need to throw it out, so I'm posting it for safe keeping. When I do make it, if I have some spare calories in my diet, I'll be making a lemon cream cheese frosting with poppy seeds in it instead of just dusting with icing sugar.
- Preheat oven to 170*C.
- Grease and line 22 cm round cake pan.
- Cream butter, sugar and orange zest until pale.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well.
- Sift flour and baking powder and add to butter mixture, mix to combine.
- Fold in poppy seeds and milk.
- Spread into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes before turning out.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.