Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I would add both cardamom and nutmeg but thats just my preference. :--)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional) or 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fast-rising active dry yeast (instant) or 3⁄4 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- Remove baking pan from large (1-1/2- to 2-lb/750 g to I kg) bread machine.
- Add to pan (in order) water, orange rind, sugar, butter, salt, flour, poppy seeds, and cardamom (if using).
- Sprinkle yeast over top, making sure it does not touch liquid.
- According to manufacturer's instructions, choose basic or regular/light setting.
- When baked, immediately remove pan from machine; shake loaf from pan.
- Let cool completely on rack.
Tasted great and rose beautifully. I did not have fast rising yeast, but instead used 1 packet yeast and it was perfect.