Recipe by Snicklefritzie
We discovered this recipe at a baby shower years ago. It is a favorite at the holidays and anytime. You can make it in a Bundt pan or 2 loaf pans, one to keep and one to share!
Top Review by ~kdp
Wonderful flavor combo! I love lemon poppyseed stuff so thought I'd try this. Not a mistake on my part by any means, altho next time I may add more poppy seed and also double the glaze.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄8 cups oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon poppy seed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all bread ingredients in large bowl for 2 minutes at high speed of electric mixer.
- Pour into greased and floured pans (either Bundt or 2 loaf) and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. LEAVE IN PAN!
- Mix all glaze ingredients in small bowl.
- While bread is still hot, poke holes all over in bread with skewer or other implement.
- Pour glaze over hot bread. Let sit until hardened.
- This sets up with a hard, crunchy sugar glaze on the outside.
- Can use lemon as well, if preferred.