1/6 Photos of Orange Poppy Seed Biscotti
I found this on healthdiscovery.net and began making a few changes to suit my own tastes and preferences. The original was for lemon biscotti and can easily be switched back. One point per cookie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, ground almonds, poppy seeds, baking powder and baking soda) together in a bowl.
- 3Combine the zest, egg, egg whites and extract in a second bowl. Add the dry mixture and mix well. Form the dough into 2 logs each 8-9 inches long.
- 4Place logs onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool slightly and cut diagonally into 1/2 inch slices. Put cut slices soft sides down back on the cookie sheets and bake slices another 8 to 10 minutes until dry.
- 5Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Poppy Seed Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.2
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.8 mg
- Sodium 34.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 1.6 g