Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Colorful and refreshing, this salad is a nice change of pace.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 seedless oranges
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Bring water to boil, add salt and rice, cover, lover heat and simmer for 15 minutes until cooked.
- Remove from heat, fluff, cool.
- Add to a bowl with oranges, pomegranate, pine nuts, and parsley whisk together vinegar, orange juice,orange rind, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Pour over salad, toss.