Recipe by Bergy
Try serving this at your next luncheon with cold chicken breast. Very attractive and tasty. This recipe originally came from the Internet.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb fresh asparagus, washed and bottoms snapped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh peas or 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 1⁄2 ounces shiitake mushrooms or 1 1⁄2 ounces portabella mushrooms or 1 1⁄2 ounces cremini mushrooms or 1 1⁄2 ounces white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 head boston lettuce, separated into leaves
- 1 orange, use the zest and then cut into 4 wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1 tbsp butter (marg) in a skillet and saute the pecans until lightly browned.
- Remove from skillet and drain on a paper towel.
- Add remaining buter to the pan, saute the asparagus spears over medium heat for 2 minutes, add orange juice and wine to the pan, cover and steam for 3 minutes or until the asparagus is crisp tender (do not overcook).
- Add peas cook 1 minute.
- Stir in the mushrooms and just heat through.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on 4 plates.
- Let asparagus and veggies cool to room temp and then divide among the lettuce.
- Garnish with zest, Pecans and an orange wedge.
- Squeeze the orange juice from the wedges over the salad when serving.