- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 fresh yeast cake
- 3⁄4 cup scalded milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 8 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons grated orange rind
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. scald milk and cool to lukewarm. Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup water. Combine yeast mixture, milk, sugar, butter,and eggs. Mix well.
- 2. Add flour slowly until you get a soft dough.
- Let it rise and double(11/2 hrs.) Punch down and rise again.
- 3.Roll it ou into rectangle shape and spread filling.
- 4. roll into log shape and cut into rolls about 1/4 inches thick. place on geased pan and let rise again.
- 5. cook for 20-23 mins at 375 degrees.