Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This one satisfies my sweet tooth without actually having any chocolate in it! Very creamy, very fruity, very sweet.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, well drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- Make cake according to instructions in 2 greased 8 inch cake pans, adding half of pudding packet to the cake batter.
- Cool completely.
- Combine milk and remaining pudding mix.
- Whisk or beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for another 2 minutes.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups pudding mixture with pineapple and half the oranges.
- Slice each cake in half (horizontally).
- Alternately stack each cake layer with the pineapple mixture between each, starting and ending with a cake layer.
- Frost top and sides of cake with remaining pudding mixture.