Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This oes nice with fish or chicken.
- 2 large navel oranges
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Peel the oranges and remove all the white pith.
- Separate the orange sections from the membranes and cut each section into 1/4-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl mix the oranges, pineapple, onion, jalapeno, lime juice, and salt, using a large spoon.
- Refrigerate or serve at room temperature.
This salsa was absolutely perfect with my recipe #88735. It added just that little extra zip. I didn't have any red onion on hand, but the yellow onions worked just as fine. I completed this refreshing meal with a green salad and pine nut couscous.
This is so good. So refressing. I can see lots of possibilities. Thanks for posting.