1/3 Photos of Orange Pineapple Salad
7 hrs 15 mins
Seasoned Cook's Note:
WONDERFUL FLAVOR!! Cool, soothing and almost taste like a dreamsycle! This salad has always been a hit at our family gatherings. Goes well with any entree. It makes a very pretty salad when served on a lettuce leaf. (Cooking time includes refrigerator time.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve packages of orange gelatin mix in 2 cups of boiling water and stir well. Add 2 cups of cold water and stir.
- 2Place gelatin mixture in a medium size bowl and allow to get cold in refrigerator. When gelatin mixture is slightly beginning to set around edges of bowl (test frequently -- you do not want it to completely set) remove from refrigerator.
- 3With an electric mixer beat softened cream cheese in a separate bowl and add small amounts (starting with tablespoons full) of gelatin mixture while beating. This will insure the mixture to be smooth.
- 4By hand, stir in drained mandarin oranges and drained pineapple tidbits. Stir in mini marshmallows. (If you elect to use crushed pineapple, drain extremely well.).
- 5Pour into a 2 or 3 quart pyrex dish and place in refrigerator. Let mixture get completely cold for at least 6 hours before serving.
- 6Cut in squares and serve salad on lettuce leaf.
- 7Note: If you want more of an orange flavor, use 3 ounces of cream cheese.
Browse Our Top Citrus Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Pineapple Salad
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.7
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.7 mg
- Sodium 91.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g