Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I needed to use up some fresh oranges I bought at the farmer's market and decided to try this out...
- 2 seedless oranges
- 4 ounces crushed pineapple
- 2⁄3 cup whipped topping (recommended -- Tru-Whip, all natural whipped topping)
- 2 slices angel food cake
- Slice both stem and blossom ends off of orange.
- Stand the orange on a cutting board, cut side down. Run the blade of the knife between the flesh of the orange and the white pith, slicing off all of the pitch.
- Segment the peeled orange into eight pieces. Cut off any remaining pith from the inside of the orange.
- In a medium bowl mix oranges, pineapple, and whipped topping.
- Spoon over slices of angel food cake.